Monday 17 October 2011

Initial plans.

Genre: Indie/Acoustic.

Inspiration magazine(s): NME, Uncut, Q.

Released: I have chose to publish my magazine monthly, like Q and Uncut.

Target audience: My magazine will be targeted at 16+, mostly males (yet still readable for women.) This is because -from the research i have done on music magazines of my genre- they are mostly targeted at males between 16 and 25.

Main image: I am using two pictures I have of inspiration. One of David Bowie in the late 70s and the other of indie band The Horrors. Both pictures are softly coloured and have a slight hazy look to them. I think this both depicts the genre and makes the picture look more interesting and arty. I am using the location of The Horrors image as the inspiration for mine. The photograph is taken in a forest so I am going to take mine in a nearby forest and the fields around it. I think this works for the genre because it creates a calm and interesting atmosphere, which is exactly what Indie music does.

No comments:

Post a Comment