Thursday 12 January 2012

Screen grabs and corrections


I used quark to create my contents page and double page spread. This helps to place images and text in the correct place as it shows the layout guide lines. I used photoshop to create the 'subscribe now' box by drawing a blank shape and overlapping a text layer on it.  I also used photoshop to fix the photographs brightness so they worked on the contents page.  



This is the picture I originally used but decided to change it as the mise-en-scene is not right for the genre as it does not connote 'indie.'
I also tried cutting it out using the losoe tool on photoshop and putting it on a plain background but decided her body language wasn't aggressive enough for the genre of magazine so I decided to take different photographs against a plain background with darker clothes on and asked her to do some more aggressive poses.



I originally used the fonts Eccentric STD and Algerian for my masthead but decided to change it as neither of them connoted 'indie' as it they looked slightly too arty. I chose to go with a blockier font that suited the genre.


I have made several corrections to my front cover to make it as realistic as I can. I have made the tag lines much smaller, I have moved the cover artists name from the centre to the left hand side of the page and made the text smaller and changed the font colour and type to draw the reader's eye to it. I have also changed the text under the artist's name to a quote from the artist. I have also added more coverlines to fill the space created by this change. I have also shortened the positioning statement to make it slightly snappier.
This is a print screen of the changes mentioned about in progress.

I have made several changes to my DPS. I have made the drop capital bigger, replaced the image on the left hand side with a better quality picture, changed the quote in the centre and removed the black box it is in.
This is another print screen of my front cover in progress. I decided not to keep this changes as i believe they did not suit the image and the lettering of 'Stephi' doesn't leave enough space for the appropriate amount of cover lines.


This is the final changes to my DPS in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment